Sunday, November 22, 2009

A Christmas-y Kind of Mood....

In past years, I've felt like the Grinch. It's seemed like I've done all I can to prevent Christmas up until December 1st. But for some reason, this year has been quite the opposite!

It drove me crazy when my older sister would go through the house whistling 'Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer' as loud as she could. But now that she's living up at USU, I've actually missed her whistling! Or when my little sister would play 'Up On The Housetop' on the piano; I would ask her as nicely as I could without exploding to PLEASE play something else. Now I actually sing along. Christmas music is stuck in my head constantly (no thanks to Rhapsody.... "There's a brand new Christmas dance, it's the latest sensation..... JINGLE JINGLE! JINGLE JINGLE!) but it makes me smile! It used to drive me crazy, but now I'm like, "break out the hot chocolate! Put on White Christmas or Frosty the Snowman and let's go play in the snow!" It's been so fun! I've been totally and completely giddy for about 2 weeks now! I can't wait to get out the Christmas decorations! I want to go outside and make snow angels! Or paper snowflakes!

This new fall of snow has me bouncing off walls. When I looked out the window this afternoon and saw that it was snowing, I ran to get my dog's leash and took her on a walk. Without an umbrella. Just my super-puffy burnt-marshmallow coat (that's what my little sister calls it - it's really squishy and it's black. Thus the name Burnt Marshmallow Coat).

That's something else I've been excited about. I LOVE the cold! I don't like being cold, but I like it when the weather's cold. If I have a warm blanket or coat, and my face is cold, I am in pure bliss. Which is why I love jacket weather :) My idea of a perfect day is a rainy or snowy one. I've decided I'm going to move to either Montreal or Seattle, where it's either raining or snowing every day. I don't like the heat, and those two cities only have a week or two of summer :) Now THAT would be fun!

I can't wait for the winter break. I mean, five days off for Thanksgiving is going to be a BLAST, but we get like 2 or 3 weeks off for Christmas! I keep thinking about all the movies I need to watch (LOTR marathon for New Years! Helena, you know you're jealous!), all the candy to make, the jam to deliver to neighbors, the parties with friends and family, all the beautiful lights and decorations, all the concerts...... Christmas is an amazing holiday! :)

Eeeheeheehee :D I feel like Rhino from Bolt (HmmhmmhmmhmmHMM! I'll go get my ball!) I'm so GIDDY! Which also means I'm making no sense! Sorry if you're confused! If you are, don't worry about it! If you're one of my friends and I'm still confusing you, SHAME ON YOU! You should be used to it by now!

(by the way, the new colors on my blog are in honor of Christmas and hopes that it will hurry up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no spamming! Thanks :)