Saturday, October 24, 2009

Bottled Emotions....

Have you ever wished with all your heart that one moment could last a lifetime? Or that pure joy was an emotion you could keep saved in a bottle, to be opened whenever you needed to be cheered up? Or even that you had savored those moments and that joy just a little longer?

Regret is a powerful thing.

I can already tell on the night of our last performance for the Rhapsody Musical Revue that these are moments I will cherish for a lifetime. These are moments that I wish could be saved in a jar, and these are moments that I know I will wish I had treasured just a little more.

I have made some amazing friends in Rhapsody. I have discovered things about myself that I never would have dreamed of. Rhapsody is by far the highlight of my day. It's one class that 80 minutes can't be long enough. It has brought out the best (and sometimes scariest) parts in all of us.

Today is our last performance. After tonight we can say goodbye to Guys and Dolls, Grease, and Newsies. After months of exhausting and very long practices (many after school and even on Saturday), we have three nights to perform it all and show everyone what we can do. I think I'm going to cry. It's something I just don't want to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no spamming! Thanks :)